||Elliott Sound Products
PO Box 233,
Thornleigh NSW 2120 Australia
| Elliott Sound Products
||Custom Design and Consulting |
The range of services provided is subject to discussion and negotiation - please use the contact page to send me an e-mail with a brief description of your needs. All contact details (phone, mobile, etc.) will be provided by return e-mail.
Audio & Analogue
Should you have specific requirements for a customised design or something completely new, ESP may be able to help. I have developed many products over the years, both for individual customers and various employers, and during those periods when I was operating my own business (Elliott Sound Products).
Please Note - The availability of my time at any given period is rather variable, as I have been rather busy on an ongoing basis. Projects for individuals or minor modifications to an existing published design are generally not possible at any time. Assistance to realise something slightly different from any existing PCB is always available, but only to purchasers.
Some examples will show the range and diversity (customer names and specific details will not be disclosed under any circumstances).
- Audio circuits. (Naturally) some samples are to be seen in my Projects Pages. These say far more than I can here, and as noted, most are original designs. This is actually
a small sample, as there are still some very original ideas that I am unwilling to release to the public domain.
- Custom Amplifier Design. Several clients have availed themselves of my services, to either design or design and build special purpose amplifiers and control systems for
everything from alert systems to powered PA speaker boxes. Others have used my services to debug existing (production) amplifiers to increase reliability and/or improve performance.
- Valve (Tube) Power Amplifier. This was one of my most satisfying designs, producing a product that achieved critical acclaim and was deemed by most to be one of (if not the)
best sounding amp they (the critics) had ever heard.
- Animation Camera controller. This was a one-off development to repair an animation camera that was deemed a write off by everyone else. It included all the necessary motor
controls for a standard 6 axis (zoom, top peg bar, bottom peg bar, east-west, north-south and rotate) camera, and included movement counters, limit switching and shutter controller.
- Printed Circuit Board Design. I have been doing this since the days of sticky pads and tapes, and have designed boards for all my own designs (including all the products
- Telecommunications System Power Fail Transfer Unit. This was designed for my employer at the time, since a new version of the telecommunications system we sold did not have
this feature. The unit was so successful that many years later when the system was replaced, it took the installers two hours to work out why the system was still taking calls - even though
all the leads to the PABX were disconnected!
- Telecommunications Conference Bridge. Another special for an employer, this unit can set up automatic (emergency) conferences with up to 64 parties - all in full duplex
conference, or operate in 'dial up' mode, where up to 64 parties can call a designated number and be connected to the conference. A new feature (not available on any existing conferencing
system) is the ability of any conference party to mute their channel (at the bridge, not their phone) if they are in a noisy area that would make the conference difficult for others. This
unit has resulted in sales worth a great deal of revenue for my former employer. This unit is completely analogue, and is far better than any digital system I have used.
- Multi Projector Controller. A controller for multiple slide projectors (used for advertising in shopping centres and the like), which controlled the timing for slide changes,
controlled turn-on for the lamps to prolong their life, and jamming sensors to prevent the projectors from melting (and yes, this did happen with the original simple controller).
- Multi Sector Intruder Alarm System. This was (in its time) one of the most sophisticated alarm panels available, and had unique automatic arming and re-arming features that
even now (with computer control) are not commonly available.
- Sound Recording Studios. I have designed two recording studios, one for myself and a business partner, and another on contract. Both were deemed very successful, and had
- Software. I have written various software programs, most for 'fun', and one commercial product as well. Various of these are in daily use (world-wide), and the only comments
I get are positive. I have also developed computer controlled telecommunications test sets and the software to drive them. However, I am not a professional programmer, and
I don't do any contract programming work.
- Digital Circuits. I am not an expert in digital audio, as it generally requires access to hard-to-find surface mount components. However, I have developed many digital control
systems, and several of the products above are based on logic control.
- Power Control. A relatively recent project was to build a 3.5kW variable load unit for testing a wind generator. Custom made high power resistors were sourced, and a controller
unit built that allows the load to be varied in small steps, from zero to full load at any generator speed up to the maximum allowable.
As I said above, a small sample. Please contact me if you have anything that I might be able to help you with.
Terms & Conditions
As can be expected, these are negotiable on a case by case basis. I will generally be happy to operate on a Payment for Service basis, or a royalty based on the number of items sold and my contribution to the product.
I do not expect to have to use the services of lawyers for any contract, unless the value (to you or me) justifies this. A sample contract is available upon request.
Absolute confidentiality is guaranteed for all negotiations, designs and products.
Page Created and © 04 Oct 1999./ Updated 27 June 2009 - minor changes and added a couple of recent projects
|Copyright Notice. This article, including but not limited to all text, logos and diagrams where applicable, is the intellectual property of Rod Elliott, and is Copyright (c) 1999. Reproduction or re-publication by any means whatsoever, whether electronic, mechanical or electro- mechanical, is strictly prohibited under International Copyright laws. Commercial use is prohibited without express written authorisation from Rod Elliott.|